Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't print a PDF to my HP Laserjet 3005dn

I can no longer print a PDF or a Word doc to HP 3005dn

iMac speaking to printer, printer data lights blink as usual when receiving, but no print and no trace of print 'job', queue disappears, etc

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 3:00 PM

15 replies

Dec 12, 2014 7:36 AM in response to BillyBobBaby

Went back to HP.com and this time was able to see and download latest driver and firmware for HP LaserJet P3005dn Installation of new firmware was done thru the HP Printer Utility application on my iMac OS 10.7.5

I was able to choose my printer and then upload the firmware file from the iMac to the printer. This has completely solved the problem!

Thank you ~graffiti Not sure why I was not able to access the driver and firmware earlier from the HP site but eventually I found it.

Jul 29, 2015 12:20 PM in response to JimmyChicago

JimmyChicago wrote:

Is it possible that Apple has decided unilaterally to stop supporting old stuff? Here's a list from HP of the printers that Apple supports now.

http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04473034

Looks like a troll post to me, attempting to stir up trouble on an almost year old thread. Apple does NOT provide printer drivers, the printer manufacturers (HP, Canon, Lexmar, Epson etc..) all provide the drivers to Apple. If they don't that indicates they no longer support their devices.

Sep 28, 2016 1:38 PM in response to BillyBobBaby

September 2016

Same problem

HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdw ($350 color printer /copier/fax)

Mac OS X ver. 10.11.6

New printer, new Mac Pro, known good USB cables (tried 2, so far)

Larger PDF files take a few minutes to prepare, go to the printer, and then nothing happens.

Print job disappears.

Printed from Adobe Acrobat (ver 2015 - all updates applied)

It's worth reposting this one, because it can still happen.

In my case, I could print fine from Preview, but not always from Acrobat Reader!

Updating the Printer firmware (Dec 2015 Version 2 Firmware Datecode (Julian date): 20160331 ) from HP fixed the problem.

Also, this printer has a HIGH and LOW USB setting in the Settings>Service menu (requires password)

Can't print a PDF to my HP Laserjet 3005dn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.