Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upload folder on iCloud Drive (online)

Hello! I'm using iCloud.com. I can only upload files to the iCloud Drive. Why I can't upload folders to the iCloud Drive?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 8, For all the browser

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 4:12 PM

7 replies

Oct 16, 2014 6:29 AM in response to edwardjin1130

Hey edwardjin1130,

Great question. The files in iCloud drive are usually arranged by file type in default folders. Once in a folder, you can create additional folders:

Organize iCloud Drive files in folders - iCloud Help

http://help.apple.com/icloud/#/mmf2d25fa94b

Add a folder

1. Go to iCloud Drive on iCloud.com, then open the folder where you want to add a new folder.

To open a folder, double-click its icon or click its name.

You can also add a folder at the main level of iCloud Drive, where the app folders are located.

2. Click the New Folder button User uploaded file
in the iCloud Drive toolbar.

3. Enter a name for the folder, then press Return.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Oct 20, 2014 2:19 PM in response to Matt_M.

He knows how to add a folder...he asked why we can't drag and drop a folder from his computer to iCloud drive (web version).

I'm having the same problem. When I try to drag a folder there, it says I must "Compress these file types" first.

Dropbox lets you drag folders with hundreds of docs right to the web version....I can't get iCloud Drive (web version) to do this even though Apple's support page says you can.

Jan 2, 2016 9:52 PM in response to edwardjin1130

Here's how I did it. I had a folder of 1500 pics on my PC that I had downloaded from my old Android. The phone is almost dead and I was unable to DL it to the Mac. I also got that error message that transferring folders is unsupported. So I put the folder onto a big thumb drive from the PC and then put the thumb drive into the Mac. I then dragged and dropped the folder of pics from the thumb drive into Photos and Voila! They are now also in my iCloud account. Kind of convoluted but it worked and I'm super proud of myself for finding a way to do it. Hope this helps!

Oct 31, 2016 7:21 AM in response to edwardjin1130

I use ICloud as a backup drive so if I want to save some work, I zip the folder and upload the zipped file. If I ever need to go back to archives, I bring back the zip file on my desktop and extract what I need that way. Not sure why you cant upload a folder, It should be a basic function since all others (dropbox, amazon,etc..) are offering this possibility.

upload folder on iCloud Drive (online)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.