Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use "Family Sharing" without giving details of my credit or debit card? I do not want to give my cards data, I have always used iTunes prepaid cards.

How can I use "Family Sharing" without giving details of my credit or debit card? I do not want to give my cards data, I have always used iTunes prepaid cards.

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 7:26 PM

1 reply

Oct 16, 2014 7:06 AM in response to Saramos

Hi Saramos,

When setting up Family Sharing you must have a credit or debit card as your payment method. See this article for reference -

Family purchases and payments

When a family member makes a purchase it will be billed to any gift or store credit that they have first. If none exists it will be billed to you.

As the family organizer, you may not set your billing method for purchases to anything other than a credit or debit card. If you have a store credit such as from pre-paid cards, it may not be shared with other family members. See this article for reference -

How iTunes Store purchases are billed

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.