Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple configurator to up/downgrade iOS

Hi,

I just received my new batches of new iPad 4 (Air WiFi) for my company. They were running iOS 7.1 but all existing batch of iPad were running iOS 7.1.2. I would like to keep all devices using the same iOS version, is they a way to do this with Apple Configurator (I am using 1.6)? I got these problems:

1. To get supervised device, Apple Configurator can only download and install the latest version (8.0.2 at the moment and left me no choice)
  2. I had read http://support.apple.com/kb/HT200241?viewlocale=en_US, which told me how to select a custom iOS firmware instead the latest version
  3. I used IPSW from my local cache(7.1.2) and “Prepare” the device for supervise
  4. The process stopped just right after Apple Configurator try to install the OS. Apple configurator got error 3194 and the iPad was left in recovery mode and could not be rebooted(Thank for a tool - Tiny Umbrella safe me from the recovery mode)

Regards,

David

iPad, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Oct 14, 2014 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 9:31 PM

Hi,

You could install older iOS before 27th Sep. But currently, you cannot install iOS 7.1.2 but 8.0 or later.

Best regards.

2 replies

Using Apple configurator to up/downgrade iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.