Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iOS 8 FaceTime have audio conferencing or not?

In my searches on the internet for the audio conferencing feature in FaceTime, I find unofficial claims that it was to be included in iOS 8. And I see a button in the FaceTime interface to merge calls. But I have not found any explicit instructions on how to use this feature if it is in fact available. Is it? If so, what is the procedure to make us of it?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 8:13 AM

3 replies

Dec 25, 2014 10:15 PM in response to Tay.Ken

Same problem. I have tried to test FaceTime audio conferencing with two other patient iPhone 6 users (brother and sister) without success in the following steps.

1. We each turned off cell data and insured we had strong wifi.

2. I connected to one party and waited until the + icon appeared to dial in the second.

3. After connecting to the second party, the swap icon (horizontal S) was available so I could switch back and forth between parties, but the Merge icon (inverted Y) would not activate to bring all three of us together.

Has anyone had success with a three way conference call using FaceTime audio?

May 27, 2015 10:47 AM in response to Tay.Ken

If you go see the iPhone documentation on the iBook store it say's (Officially) Page 306 : "

« Add multiple callers. While on a FaceTime audio call or a phone call, you can add another person to the conversation. Put the first call on hold, then tap to add another FaceTime audio or phone call. »

Extrait de: Apple Inc. « iPhone User Guide for iOS 8.1. » iBooks. https://itun.es/ca/KT6R2.l "

I recommend that you call Apple, verify that there's a bug then ask to follow up to engineers.

I reply to the main discussion is also a good idea so they can know that you have also that problem : How to add caller to Facetime audio call in ios8?

Officially, in 8.3 the problem still not resolved.

Does iOS 8 FaceTime have audio conferencing or not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.