Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't verify my NBA league pass acount on ATV3. It works on other devices. On ATV3 it says 'Can not verify your account' and will only allow me to re-enter my password. Any ideas?

Why will ATV3 not verify my NBA league pass account?

Apple TV

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 8:46 AM

17 replies

Oct 16, 2014 7:34 AM in response to BigFluffer

Same issue, can't even change the email address at this point. Also, after I enter the PW and am told the account can not be verified, I click OK and I am asked to enter a "account-password-label" but I have no clue what that is and nothing seems to work. I'm guessing this is just a bug that needs to be resolved or enough time hasn't passed since I purchased League Pass through my cable provider yesterday and activated broadband. Anyone else experiencing this?

Oct 24, 2014 9:46 AM in response to kb0224ny

Thanks everyone. You got farther than I did kb0224ny with the ticket to League Pass. I submitted a ticket and they emailed me a couple of times and asked if I was domestic or international and then went full circle and told me I could submit a ticket if I had a problem with LP broadband.

I'm getting the same messages with password-account-title when I try to log on, and then it brings me back to re-enter my password. There is no option without resetting my entire ATV to re-enter my ID. Hopefully it will resolve itself by 10/27 like you said, but that is cutting it pretty close. I would like to know if it is working before the season starts.

Oct 27, 2014 2:14 PM in response to BigFluffer

This is the ticket I submitted:

I've purchased NBA league pass domestically, activated NBA league pass broadband (and am able to log on with computer/phone), but I am unable to log on through my apple TV. I entered my league pass ID, then my password, and it says "unable to verify your account. Please try again later", and it brings me back to a screen that asks for 'account-password-title'. I have no idea what 'account-password-title' means. When I exit the screen and try again, it will only allow me to enter my PW, not my ID. I would obviously like this resolved before the league starts. Thank you

This is the response:

Hello,
Thank you for contacting League Pass Support Team. We have some questions to ask to help support the issue you are having. Please see below for the information that is needed;

Dear Valued Customer,

I can certainly understand how frustrating trying to activate your LP for TV can be. However, in order to do the activation for you, I will need to see a copy of your bill showing the charge. Would you mind to attach a copy of that here so I can see it? Once you do that, I can get your accounts activated manually here. Also, if you did not purchase leaguepass through yoru Cable Provider. You do not need to be activated. You will be able to launch the player on Oct 19 to select your teams or to see the Leaguepass Interface. If you have any questions at all, Please let me know!
Thank you,

Josh

NBA League Pass Digital support

Oct 27, 2014 3:41 PM in response to BigFluffer

They asked me the same thing, so I provided them the billing details and got this response which prompted my reply earlier in this thread, have not heard back since I followed up today;

Thank you for contacting NBA League Pass Digital support,

I understand how the product could be confusing and I will be happy to assist you today.

Since you purchased the product through us, you do not have to do anything to activate.

Your subscription is active.

You will not be able to view any subscription content or login until closer to the start of the regular season, which does not begin until 10/27/14.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

You do not have to do anything further to have access, you are all set for when the regular season starts.

Enjoy the 2014 - 2015 NBA basketball season!

Thank you,

Janay

NBA League Pass Digital support

Oct 28, 2014 1:26 PM in response to kb0224ny

After sharing everyone's frustration over the past couple of days, I followed some of the suggestions listed and this is how I was able to resolve the sign-in problem: 1) reset all settings on ATV, 2) re-enter username on ATV NBA app/settings League Pass sign-in (had entered it incorrectly earlier), 3) restart ATV, 4) go to ATV NBA app/settings/league pass choice and lock in 5 teams, 4) go to sign in and typed in my NBA League Pass password. FINALLY, I'M LOGGED IN! What a pain to get here though...

I can't verify my NBA league pass acount on ATV3. It works on other devices. On ATV3 it says 'Can not verify your account' and will only allow me to re-enter my password. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.