Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app store shows wrong app version

I can't update Harry's Laptimer to 18.3.5 on an iPhone 4s running iOS 7.1.2 because the app store (Updates/Purchased/All) shows I already have that version even though the actual version is 18.3.4. Is there a simple work around for this? I can probably back up the device, delete the app, download and restore the data from the backup, but I'd rather not go through all that.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 10:41 AM

2 replies

Oct 16, 2014 12:25 PM in response to gplracerx

Hello there, gplracerx.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps for resolving issues with applications installed on your iOS device:

iOS: An app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Restart your device

Turn the device off and on.

Update your device software and your apps

Update your device to the latest version of iOS.

Update your apps:

1. Open the App Store and tap Updates.
  2. If updates are available, tap Update All.
  3. If asked, enter your Apple ID password. The updates will download and install.

You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps.

Install another app from the App Store

If your installed app won't open, download and install a free app that isn't on your iOS device. This should reset your Apple ID authorization.

Remember to use the same Apple ID that you used to download the app that you're having issues with.

Reinstall the app

Remove the app from your device and reinstall it. Remember that deleting an app also deletes its data.

1. Delete the app.
    User uploaded file
  2. Press the Home button.
  3. Go to the App Store and download the app again.
  4. Wait for the app to download, then open it from the Home screen.

If the download stops, you can resume it.

Contact the developer

If you see the issue again, contact the developer of the app for help:

1. Find the app in the App Store.
  2. Tap the app and tap Reviews.
  3. Tap App Support.
    User uploaded file

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Oct 16, 2014 12:36 PM in response to pedro d

I tried all the easy stuff you listed. Didn't work. What worked was to back up the device, uninstall the app, reinstall the app and restore from backup. That got me the new version installed with no loss of data. But that was somewhat time consuming. I was hoping there was a simpler way to force an install without having to spend the time to backup and restore.

I'm going to mark this as solved even though I already knew the solution that ended up working.

app store shows wrong app version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.