Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: Buy movies and TV shows from the Apple TV app

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the solution for the error message when playing movies on a windows computer that doesn't support HDCP?

How do I make my Windows computer Dell Latitude E7440 play the movies I just purchased? I am getting the message, "To play this movie in HD, your PC must have Windows 7 and a built-in display or a display that supports HDCP."

Is there a fix or solution ot this problem? Please help!

Dell Latitude E7440-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 11:43 AM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2014 1:02 PM in response to Mendeezee

Hello Mendeezee,

Depending on the age of the monitor, you may not be able to playback any HD content that is purchased in iTunes. One way to check is to download the SD version that comes with the HD version. Check out the articles below for more clarification.

iTunes for Windows: Unable to view or play HD video content that requires HDCP

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3354

iTunes: Purchasing and viewing HD videos

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3209

In iTunes for Windows, in order to view HD content, both the display hardware (computer screen, LCD, external monitor, and so on) and video card driver must support HDCP.

Note: Depending on your computer's hardware limitations, you may be unable to purchase, rent, or view HD content from the iTunes Store. If you are trying to view HD video on an external display, the display must have a digital connection (DVI, DisplayPort, or HDMI) and support HDCP.

Regards,

-Norm G.

What is the solution for the error message when playing movies on a windows computer that doesn't support HDCP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.