Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus headset volume issue

Hello everyone, I have been having volume problems with my iPhone 6 plus 64gb space gray. Yes i have removed the factory plastic covering. The problem is with the earpiece on the headset. When I'm making a phone call the volume just does not seem loud enough. I have tried to increase the volume during the phone call but at max it still seems way to low compared to my 5s. I have tried adjusting my ear to get the right spot as well but that has not solved the problem either. I have turned the noise cancel off and also tried the hearing aid trick. I even tried restoring the phone and running the new phone option. I also noticed that when locking the phone and key clicks when typing are significantly lower as well.. has anyone else had similar issues? If so do you believe it is software related?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 12:12 PM

5 replies

Oct 16, 2014 1:25 PM in response to Billabong12789

Hello there, Billabong12789.

Great job troubleshooting this issue so far. The following Knowledge Base article provides some additional recommendations for troubleshooting issues with the stereo headset. Although the steps are for "no sound" from the headset, the steps are still applicable:

iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting

No sound through stereo headset

1. Inspect the headset jack for debris and clean if necessary.
  2. Connect the headset and make sure the connector is pushed in all the way.
  3. Check the volume setting. Adjust the volume by pressing the volume up and down button on the left side of the iPhone.
  4. If you are trying to listen to music and cannot hear any audio, make sure that the music on iPhone is not paused. Try squeezing the headset microphone to resume playback. Additionally, from the Home screen you can choose iPod > Now Playing, then tap Play.
  5. Make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed on the computer that you are syncing the iPhone with (songs purchased from the iTunes Store using earlier versions of iTunes won't play).
  6. Try another Apple headset (some third-party headsets require an adapter to be used with original iPhone).
  7. Try a different song or video.
  8. Check to see if the iPhone alert sounds or other iPhone sound effects exhibit the same audio issues.
  9. Disconnect the headset from the iPhone and see if sound comes from the built-in speaker.

My issue is still not resolved. What do I do next?

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

iphone 6 plus headset volume issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.