Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad updated to ios8 no location services at home

Ever since updating to ios8 on an iPad 2, my location services are not working at home. The services work on any other network but here at home. I have an AirPort Extreme here connected to the Charter network. we have an Android device and it can find its location here. Meanwhile, the iPad cannot be located with Find my Phone app. It shows that it's on line but cannot determine the location.

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 1:30 PM

2 replies

Oct 16, 2014 2:17 PM in response to Pdf44

Hi Pdf44,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

There may be a few different scenarios that could cause your device not to be found with the Find My iPhone service. I know how important this feature can be so I would suggest working through the troubleshooting steps in the attached article.

iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac

"No location available," "Offline," or "Location Services Off" alerts

This can occur if:

• The date on your device is incorrect. Choose Settings > General > Date & Time to check and set the date.
  • Your iOS device is currently off or not connected to a data network (Edge, 3 or 4G, or Wi-Fi). Wait a few minutes and try again.
  • Your iPad (Wi-Fi only), iPod Touch, or Mac is currently off or not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
  • Location Services is not enabled on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (Settings > Privacy) or on your Mac (Date & Time) preferences. Learn more about Location Services on your Mac:
  • You are located in a country where Apple does not offer this feature. This feature may not be available in all countries due to technical limitations or local law.

Regards,

Joe

iPad updated to ios8 no location services at home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.