Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost notes during upgrade to IOS 8.0.2 Where are they?

Bought iphone 6 end of Sept. Backed up iphone 4 and then downloaded to new phone. Notes did not come over to the new 6 as the backup button for Notes was off. But, the Notes were still on the iphone 4. Backed the 4 up today and at suggestion of fellow at the Verizon store updated software to 8.0.2, hoping Airdrop would be onto the 4. Airdrop was not on the 4 and the Notes were all gone from the 4 when the download was done. A backup is noted to icloud. Should I reset the 4 and download the backup to it, hoping the Notes will download?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 3:10 PM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2014 7:11 AM in response to BB57

Hi BB57,

Welcome to the Apple Support Community!

It sounds like you would like to restore the notes from your iPhone 4 to your new iPhone 6. Notes are not backed up in the iCloud but are backed up in iTunes. It may be necessary to connect your iPhone 4 to your computer and back it up and then restore your new iPhone 6 from that backup to recover your notes. Attached below is information about what it backed up in iTunes and iCloud.

iCloud: iCloud storage and backup overview

Create and delete iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups in iTunes

Cheers,

Joe

Jul 6, 2015 8:22 PM in response to collcom

Hi, there. Do you backup your iPhone data to iTunes as regular? If so, you can try to restore your lost notes from iTunes backup. Go to iTunes >Preferences> Devices, you will see a list of backup. Click on the backup that you need and find the "Restore from Backup" option. If you don't have any backup, you may need to use a tool like FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery. Hope my advice helps.

But there are other methods too, if my method is not helpful to you, then I hope you can find a better one to solve your issue.

How to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone?

Lost notes during upgrade to IOS 8.0.2 Where are they?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.