Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 calendar events disappearing

Most (but not all of the time) when I check my iOS 8 calendar in the standard view (i.e., not the list view) on my iPhone 6, all of the calendar events have disappeared for all dates after the current date. When I go to list view, though, all of the events are there. When I go back to the standard view, though, the events are still not there.

I have several Google calendars as well as some iCloud calendars. All calendars disappear regularly. I do not have this problem on my iPads, and I do not have it with 3rd party calendar apps such as Calendars 5 and Fantastical. Since I prefer the Apple calendar, though, I would like for it to work properly.

For the Google calendar accounts, I have tried loading the calendars in both CalDAV and Outlook/push. But they still disappear (as do the iCloud calendar events). When I check which calendars are selected to appear, the calendars I wanted checked are all checked.

Anyone have an idea what's going on and how to stop it?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 1:57 PM

5 replies

Nov 19, 2014 10:56 AM in response to bmc atx

My calendar events are deleting themselves as I approach the time of the event. This is CRAZY!!!! Just updated to 8.1.1. The resetting of the phone does not work to recover the events. Any other ideas? After I reset my phone every single event disappeared!!! Did Apple hire a bunch of microsoft people or something? What the **** is going on over there this software *****!!

Nov 19, 2014 11:08 AM in response to jsidt

When I updated to 8.1.1 on Monday, this problem finally stopped happening for me. And in my case, the Calendar app was never deleting the events — they were simply disappearing from view on my iPhone 6 most of the time in the non-list view. They were always visible in the list view, though.

Anyway, for whatever reason, as of the release of 8.1.1, my problem finally seems to be resolved. I am very sorry about what you are experiencing, jsidt. That sounds incredibly frustrating.

iOS 8 calendar events disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.