Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group SMS

I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 8. I want to send a group SMS but cannot find anything about groups on my phone except in contacts. There is no option to send a group message, I tap the new message icon and I can get my contacts but I have to click on each one individually. I've read that you can name groups but I can see nothing that gives me this option, I cannot see any groups in the message app whatsoever.

Please help.

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 3:39 PM

10 replies

Oct 15, 2014 4:37 PM in response to razmee209

Unless I'm being dumb or something I still see no option to send a group SMS. I have a group in my contacts list and I want to send them all a group SMS but I have to individually add each member of the group to a message.

I can send them all a group email by typing in the group name, this does not show up when I want to send an SMS message. I click the + icon and it goes to my group in contacts but I have to laboriously add every name one by one, it's ridiculous.

Oct 15, 2014 4:47 PM in response to razmee209

OK so it looks like I cannot send a group SMS unless I first add each contact individually to the conversation. I know how to do this bit but it seems a bit long winded if I want to send 20 contact group members an SMS, surely there is a better way.

I did have an app called Group SMS but it does not work with iOS 8 which is a shame. I thought iOS 8 would solve the group SMS issue but it looks like it has not.

Group SMS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.