Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are my photos that I synced to icloud photo library

Hey everyone,

I used the iOS 8 beta from the first day, and am on 8.02 now. When iCloud Photo Library was announced I enabled it and synced my pictures up to iCloud.

I ended up getting a new phone and tried to sync my photos back from the cloud, but now I see only gray squares where the pictures should be. When I open them up, I get a gray screen with a tiny exclamation point icon in the bottom right corner. I can never really get them to sync. Is there any way to recover these pictures?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 2:17 PM

7 replies

Oct 22, 2014 4:58 PM in response to sandworm

Hi, I have the same problem Running iOS 8.1 in iPhone 6.

there is any solution coming? I checked on iCloud photo library on the web and the pictures are there, high resolution, etc. Looks like a problem with the iPhone interface.

i Just migrated from my old iphone 5 to 6 and the same problem on both.

I was using the icloud photo library beta with iOS 8.0 in my iPhone 5 and setted to optimize space on my phone, maybe is related to the problem.

Thank you

Apr 12, 2015 4:08 AM in response to fredhlima

Hi,

sorry to answer to this quite old post. ;-) I am now using the newest IOS with icloud foto. All my pictures are originally stored on the mac and got synced in the cloud. When using my Iphone and opening a picture I always get this exclamation mark on the right bottom corner. But only with no Wifi, but 4G and working internet connection.

User uploaded file

Can you possibly help me?

I already tried turning off the icloud foto and turn it on again on my Iphone.

Thank you!!

Where are my photos that I synced to icloud photo library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.