Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Can't Connect to School WiFi

I recently upgraded to an iphone 6 about 2 weeks ago. My school has the kind of wifi which sends you to a log in page. Once you log in, you can use the wifi. it has worked pretty well until one day it shut me off while I was using it. When I tried to log back on, the "unable to join network" message came up. Now I can't even reach the log in page. I have tried everything to fix it. I have reset the network settings, turned off location services for wifi, hard reset my phone, turned it off, airplane mode. Everything. I know for a fact it's not the school wifi because everybody can join but me. I would really appreciate if someone could help me fix this. this is really stressing me out.

p.s. I was on VPN when it stopped working. Although I doubt this has something to do with it, since I know friends who use VPN on the wifi daily.

iPhone 6, iOS 8, 2 week old iPhone 6

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 4:21 PM

7 replies

Oct 15, 2014 5:15 PM in response to razmee209

I agree with razmee209, the IT department will know how the network is configured so will be able to see if the settings on your phone correctly match. These configurations are not directly visible to you on your phone. Let us know if it works out. If they cannot help you, let us know and we'll see what we can recommend next. Unfortunately, it's better to go through these seemingly trivial or irrelevant steps before we try anything else. Otherwise we'll just be spit balling at random here. Aside from the annoying WiFi situation, I hope you're enjoying your shiny iPhone 6. 🙂

Oct 21, 2014 6:23 AM in response to Jacobr56

OK guys. After contacting the IT guy, he told me my iPhone might of been blacklisted on the WiFi Network. He told me to contact our Network Manager and after doing so, he successfully removed the blacklist from my phone. He said it was due to high streaming usage (oops). I would like to thank everyone for helping. Turns out it was the network, not my phone.

iPhone Can't Connect to School WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.