Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need my ipod shuffle to play songs in playlist order

My ipod shuffle 4th gen, when i set it to play songs in order, only plays them in the alphabetical order. I loaded songs on my ipod in playlists but it wont play the playlists, only play songs in alphabetical order. Thats ****** when you put more than 100 songs on your ipod.

I NEED HELP FOR THIS. ive searched on the internet and no one ever got a clear answer form apple. can you PLEASE help me? this is pretty dumb considering they did not even test the playlist thing before putting the ipod on the market. Even the older generations played the songs in the playlist order. This makes the playlists un-usable and useless.

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2014 9:30 PM

You need to select the playlist on the shuffle, when you play it. If you do not select a particular playlist, it plays from the All Songs list. When you set the switch to play in order (not shuffle), the All Songs list plays in alphabetical order.

To select a playlist, use the VoiceOver feature. This document explains how to set up and use VoiceOver.

iPod shuffle (4th generation): Enabling and using VoiceOver

When you select a playlist on the shuffle, it should play in playlist order (when the switch is set to play in order).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2014 9:30 PM in response to lamg8254

You need to select the playlist on the shuffle, when you play it. If you do not select a particular playlist, it plays from the All Songs list. When you set the switch to play in order (not shuffle), the All Songs list plays in alphabetical order.

To select a playlist, use the VoiceOver feature. This document explains how to set up and use VoiceOver.

iPod shuffle (4th generation): Enabling and using VoiceOver

When you select a playlist on the shuffle, it should play in playlist order (when the switch is set to play in order).

i need my ipod shuffle to play songs in playlist order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.