Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you buy something on iTunes with your own card when you ate in a family

Hello, I am in a family with my dad and I bought I book and when I got the email confirming my buy it said it was bought using my dad's card, not mine. Is there a way so that when I buy stuff it uses my connected card and not his?

iPhone 4s (8GB), iOS 8

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 9:16 AM

Hi pjtnt11,

Welcome to the Apple Support Community!

When making purchases using Family Sharing, the family organizer’s form of payment is charged when any other family members make a purchase. You can however add an iTunes gift card to your personal Apple ID and the credit for that gift card will be used for your personal purchases before defaulting to family organizer’s credit card.

Please read over the following article for more information.

Family purchases and payments

Cheers,

Joe

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2014 9:16 AM in response to pjtnt11

Hi pjtnt11,

Welcome to the Apple Support Community!

When making purchases using Family Sharing, the family organizer’s form of payment is charged when any other family members make a purchase. You can however add an iTunes gift card to your personal Apple ID and the credit for that gift card will be used for your personal purchases before defaulting to family organizer’s credit card.

Please read over the following article for more information.

Family purchases and payments

Cheers,

Joe

How do you buy something on iTunes with your own card when you ate in a family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.