Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No blood cholesterol in iOS Health app

I have looked though all the list of health data in the Health app and I can not find any way to enter blood cholesterol, only dietary cholesterol which is for intake of cholesterol in the diet (who would have those actual figures???).

There should be a way to enter HDL, LDL, and triglycerides. There are quite important health items.

This just an omission on Apple's part.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8, 32 GB

Posted on Oct 15, 2014 10:08 PM

13 replies

Oct 16, 2014 12:01 AM in response to bodyxs

My question only applies to the Apple supplied app called Health that came with iOS 8. I am not looking for another app.

My clinic uses the app (MyChart by Epic Systems in the app store) that was just updated to sync with the Apple Health app, but it can not send information that the app does not have any storage for categories such as blood cholesterol.

Oct 17, 2014 8:06 PM in response to bodyxs

I know there is a problem with the MyChart app syncing with the Health app by Apple. Nothing can be done by Apple about that problem.

My post was that Apple's Health app has absolutely no provision in it's extensive list of options to be able to show blood cholesterol only cholesterol intake in diet. Apple left out blood cholesterol completely.

Even if MyChart was interacting with Apple's Health app, it still would not have any way to show blood cholesterol!

I am going to feedback and let them know of their omission.

Oct 17, 2014 8:25 PM in response to Derryl S

“The new Health app gives you an easy‑to‑read dashboard of your health and fitness data”...

Apple Health app focus on “General Health and Fitness together”, you'll not get all the health info like a specialized app.

I'm not sure if it's an omission, that's why they are launching all the new iWatch features targeting Fitness. Anyway here we're all Apple users like you, so complaining to me will be useless.

Best.

No blood cholesterol in iOS Health app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.