Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my Macbook Air run The Sims 3?

Hello!

I was wondering if my Macbook Air would be able to run TS3 properly? I'm probably going to purchase through Origin and get the bundle that comes with the base game, late night and high end loft stuff and I'm getting another bundle that comes with generations and world adventures. I just wanted to check first if my laptop can handle it.

Software - OS X version 10.9.5

Processor - 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory - 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

This is what they require:

Mac System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core Duo Processor

RAM: 2 GB RAM

DISC DRIVE: DVD

Hard Drive: At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

Video: ATI X1600 or Nvidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100

This game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems, or the GMA

Thank you so much!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 12:41 AM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2017 8:03 PM in response to dominic23

Hello,

I was also wondering if my MacBook air will run the sims 3 properly. I have an external disc drive and have installed the base game, seasons and pets. For some reason, when I open the launcher and hit 'play', it just opens a plumbob loading screen but never launches. I am up to date on software updates.

This is what my mac has:

macOS Sierra (version 10.12.3)

Macbook Air (12-inch, early 2014)

Processor 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk Macintosh HD

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536

Please help asap!! Thank you!!

Can my Macbook Air run The Sims 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.