Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i choose the exact model of iphone in the store

hey,

i would like to buy iphone from the web

but i don't know how can i choose the exact model (A1549) [GSM] of the iphone

cause I want to buy iphone who will work on the 4G technology and will work in my county

anyone can help me ASAP pls?

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 5:47 AM

13 replies

Oct 16, 2014 6:23 AM in response to Ynofear

These are the iPhone 6/6+ models and the LTE band coverage:http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/ you need to find the LTE band for your country and match that with the appropriate model. But, to reiterate what rbrylawski said, you will have NO warranty service or support outside the US. You will have to send the iPhone back to your cousin who will have to take/send it to Apple for you.

Oct 16, 2014 6:40 AM in response to Ynofear

Find your country, and then the carrier you use...see what bands they use for LTE service. If they do not offer LTE service then it makes no difference what model you get. Also, go to the link at the bottom of that page to see the features list for iOS8 and the countries where available.

After finding the bands that your carrier supports, you can match that information with the band coverage for the different iPhone models. Now, be aware that unlocked iPhone 6/6+ models are not available in the US at this time. The closest you can get to unlocked is a T-Mobile non-contract iPhone from the Apple store (NOT from the T-Mobile store) or the Verizon CDMA iPhone. The Verizon iPhone is locked to Verizon on the CDMA radio but unlocked for GSM carrier use.

So, it really does not matter what the band coverage is if you get a carrier locked iPhone you will not be able to use it in your country. Your cousin needs to be sure and get either a T-Mobile non-contract iPhone 6 ($649 in the US) or a Verizon iPhone - and those will only work on LTE if you have the same band coverage.

Oct 16, 2014 12:31 PM in response to Ynofear

As far as I know, Apple only sells phones in a country that are designed for that country. Some models will work in more than one place (for international travel), but if a phone was designed for the Chinese or Indian market, I doubt that it is sold in the US. If it were sold in the US, Apple would let you specify the model (which their website does not provide for). Then they'd receive complaints that owners couldn't get it serviced outside the US. Makes no sense for Apple to do so, from a marketing perspective.

Others may have firsthand knowledge of this.

how do i choose the exact model of iphone in the store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.