Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 suddenly will not ring or vibrate for incoming calls.

All of a sudden I realized my phone was not interrupting me if I was listening to music on the headphones. The phone is not registering missed calls either. the only way I know if someone called is if they leave a voicemail. DNd is not turned on. Ringer is on volume is up. I use headphones because I have a hard time hearing. I have had iPhones for years and never had a problem like this before! Help!!!!!!

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 6:21 AM

2 replies

Oct 17, 2014 11:54 AM in response to Olivander

Hi Olivander,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you are not receiving calls on your iPhone, and I know this behavior is worrying.

Since incoming calls are not registering on your iPhone, I recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps in this article:

iPhone: Troubleshooting issues making or receiving calls

The information found here can help clear up any issues with cellular connectity that may be preventing your calls from coming through.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Oct 17, 2014 12:52 PM in response to Olivander

I once had that kind of problem (albeit minus the not vibrating issue) with my iPhone 4, and it came from a speck of dust or lint in the headphones socket, that wouldn't leave until you SUCKED IT OUT (not blew it out), and would make your phone think that the headphones were still plugged in.

Yeah, yeah, I know, that *****... 😉 [Edit: I didn't type the asterisks, they were automatically added, but you must have caught my drift...]

This said, if you're sure DND is off, it's work a try: place your lips on the headphones socket, and gently suck in air through the hole (do not blow air inside the phone). If you feel something hitting your tongue, you may have found the culprit. Happened to me. Unpleasant, but efficient: the problem never arose again.

iPhone 5 suddenly will not ring or vibrate for incoming calls.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.