Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete music from iOS 8 devices

I have iphone 6 iOS 8 with iTunes match enabled. In iOS 7 I would delete my music (to clear up space) by going to settings -> usage -> music. However, I am not seeing the music app in the usage area any more. Is there any other way to mass delete my music?

Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 8:44 AM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2014 7:39 PM in response to mgilbert75

i have this issue too, it was available in iOS 8.0 but since 8.02 it disappeared and its eating up all my space, last time when my iPad got really low in space i turned off iTunes match on the device and then turned it back on and this cleared the space but thats too much to do every time, apple needs to address this asap

Feb 27, 2015 10:54 AM in response to bgj887

IOS 8 Glich. Turn off Show all Music (from cloud) Delete music once through settings general usage manage storage (not icloud). Some songs may remain that can't be deleted by swiping. Create playlist with all remaining songs. Turn back on show all music. View playlist and download all songs from cloud. When done turn back off show all music. Go back to settings general usage manage storage(not icloud) and delete all music again. This worked for me and my phone was now finally empty of music. Turned back on show all music and download just what i want.

Can't delete music from iOS 8 devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.