Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sync iphone with new itunes, what to do?

I have an iphone 4 synced with an itunes I no longer use. In my new itunes I can't put music on the iphone, what to do?

MacBook Pro (17-inch 2.4 GHz), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 12:53 PM

4 replies

Oct 17, 2014 3:01 PM in response to Jake058

Hello there, Jake.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great information in regards to using an older iPhone without a service plan as an iPod:

Using an iPhone without a wireless service plan

Follow these steps to use your iPhone without a wireless service plan:

1. Insert the SIM card from your new, activated iPhone or one that was previously used to activate the original iPhone.
  2. Connect the iPhone to iTunes on a computer connected to the Internet.

Once iTunes activates the device, you're free to use the iPhone as if it were an iPod touch.

Additional Information

Note: It may be necessary to repeat this process after updating or restoring the device.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Oct 20, 2014 3:36 AM in response to pedro d

Hi Pedro,

thanks for your help.

I tried the steps you provided but the music still won't load into my iphone.

Just to make sure, I no longer use the phone actively except for social media via wi-fi at home.

Meanwhile I have a new itunes installed on my computer. The iphone is synced with the previous itunes.

Thus far I've had no succes, with the sim card i currently use in another phone or with the old sim card I used with the phone.

My first gen ipod touch can indeed be used as you said, but somehow I can't find a way to fix the iphone..

Can it be done?

Jake

Cannot sync iphone with new itunes, what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.