Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I share my Healthbook data with my Doctor? Answer: I can't, because Apple provides no facility to do so

Apple, you have got to be kidding me. The only way of outputting health data is an export to a zip file that contains XML files. XML files?!?! This is the least Apple-like data share EVER. So very disappointing. Here's an app that lets you (and only you) have access to your health data.... because everyone is a Doctor and wouldn't want to share their data.

If anyone knows how to send health data to a doctor without having to interpret XML files, I would love to know what it is.

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 1:45 PM

13 replies

Oct 18, 2014 6:45 AM in response to vlestat

Hi vlestat,

To share your Health data with your health care provider, you would use the app supplied by them.

From the iPhone Help pages (and user guide)

Share health and fitness data - iPhone

Share data. Follow the instructions that can come with the app or the device to set it up, then watch for a sharing request where you control whether data is shared by the Health app. For example, your health care provider might provide an app that sends blood pressure updates to your doctor. You need only install the app, then allow the Health app to share blood pressure data when prompted.

A couple of examples are:

Amwell (Free)

Mayo Clinic (Free)

Best regards,

Nubz

Oct 20, 2014 2:56 PM in response to Nubz N.

Hey Nubz,

Thanks for the suggestion. This still looks like a big limitation of Healthbook to me. The purpose of Health is to bring many metrics gathered by different apps and hardware into one place for a more holistic look at your overall health. This idea is great. Being able to present ALL of that information in a logical fashion to your doctor seems like a necessary piece of the Healthbook puzzle.

Apple? Are you listening?

Nov 3, 2014 4:38 AM in response to vlestat

Hello.

Funny thing is, that nowadays you can share almost everything. Even the most secure applications have the social media sharing.

BUT. First time I could really use the share-button: no, it does not exist.

Apple Healthbook. I´ve been tracking my blood pressure, and keeping record on Healthbook. Now my doctor would like to see the list. What I need to do is take multiple screen-captures and combine them into one bigger image with all the numbers needed. Yes, this is really handy.

Nov 3, 2014 5:01 AM in response to vlestat

vlestat wrote:

Apple? Are you listening?

No, they aren't, because this forum is not for giving feedback to Apple. It's a user-to-user technical assistance forum. Had you read the Terms of Use that you agreed to when signing up for this forum, you'd know that.

Go to www.apple.com/feedback if you want to give Apple feedback. And if your doctor doesn't have an app that can interface with the Health data, then that's a limitation of your doctor and his support staff, not Apple. It's not that hard to make such an app, and perhaps your doctor needs to look into that if he/she wants to keep up with the times.

Nov 3, 2014 5:13 AM in response to lauri2000

lauri2000 wrote:

Apple Healthbook. I´ve been tracking my blood pressure, and keeping record on Healthbook. Now my doctor would like to see the list. What I need to do is take multiple screen-captures and combine them into one bigger image with all the numbers needed. Yes, this is really handy.

Health (not Healthbook, by the way) makes it possible to share data between applications that wouldn't otherwise be able to do so. The original response gives some examples of apps that you can use to share data from Health with your doctor. Have you tried any of them yet?

Nov 3, 2014 5:22 AM in response to vlestat

Many doctors will not use email for any information that is confidential.

WHile it is difficult to hack an Apple device, it is relatively easy and common for email account to get hacked, thus exposing a doctor to potential lawsuits for revealing confidential information.

I think this may be the reason the Apps do not have a share feature.

Nov 3, 2014 5:34 AM in response to lauri2000

lauri2000 wrote:

Hahah...

I assume every doctor has e-mail..? Well, maybe not there in India, but here in Finland yes. No need to have "an app that can interface with the Health data".

My doctor asked for an e-mail. All I need is a button that says "e-mail this data". Talking about a simple list of numbers, shouldn´t be too difficult.

Then give that feedback to Apple at www.apple.com/feedback. Perhaps they'll add that feature in a future update.

Sep 18, 2016 10:06 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Download the WebMD app, connect, choose what you want to share. In "Healthy Target" > "My Data" you can generate a 60 day report that can be sent directly to your doctor(s).

I've been doing this for a while. Haven't found anything in iOS 10 that does this for us (yet). Hope this helps.

EDIT: I *think* it may be in .PDF format, I'm not exactly sure. However, there have been no issues thus far.

Sep 18, 2016 10:05 AM in response to Sinstar33

Sinstar33 wrote:

Download the WebMD app, connect, choose what you want to share. In "Healthy Target" > "My Data" you can generate a 60 day report that can be sent directly to your doctor(s).

I've been doing this for a while. Haven't found anything in iOS 10 that does this for us (yet). Hope this helps.

It's a good suggestion (though I'm not sure why you're replying to me).

Best of luck.

How do I share my Healthbook data with my Doctor? Answer: I can't, because Apple provides no facility to do so

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.