Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gave my iphone 5 to my husband BUT

Gave my iphone 5 to my husband I have a new iphone 6. Here is the question: He is with TMobile on a pay-as-you-go plan as he hardly uses the phone. Here is the problem. I registered him with a new apple id for the apple store without a problem but when I get on his phone (was mine and I did NOT wipe it clean because there are apps he can use), it is asking for my apple id and not his. How do I rectify this so that I can sign in with his id?
Thanks!

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 2:27 PM

9 replies

Oct 16, 2014 2:29 PM in response to mylan18646

Are you referring to going to the App Store? iOS: Sign in with a different Apple ID in the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store If that is the case, there is the support document. However, if you are referring to updating apps on the device, that will not change. Since you have apps installed on the device from your Apple ID, they are forever locked to that Apple ID and it will always ask for that when updating. The only way to change that is to wipe the phone and download apps with his Apple ID.

Oct 16, 2014 2:30 PM in response to mylan18646

mylan18646 wrote:

Gave my iphone 5 to my husband I have a new iphone 6. Here is the question: He is with TMobile on a pay-as-you-go plan as he hardly uses the phone. Here is the problem. I registered him with a new apple id for the apple store without a problem but when I get on his phone (was mine and I did NOT wipe it clean because there are apps he can use), it is asking for my apple id and not his. How do I rectify this so that I can sign in with his id?
Thanks!

Where exactly is it asking for your apple id?

Gave my iphone 5 to my husband BUT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.