Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, my new Iphone 6 started to show an alert that reads: "No SIM card installed" any ideas on how to fix this, now I can't use my phone and is only 1 week old... HELP SOS

I have a new IPhone 6 just went to the store last Saturday to connect it, (I am replacing my IPhone 5s) it says that I am updated on IOS 8.0.2 but now started to show a message that reads like this: " No SIM card installed" and I have no phone line or anything, my carrier is Sprint and I just got back from there and they told me that this is something I have to deal with APPLE because they have nothing to do with software. Anybody experiencing the same thing? any light in the tunnel? HELP....

iPhone 6

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 2:30 PM

4 replies

Oct 18, 2014 6:51 AM in response to henry lfrommiami

Hello henry lfrommiami,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

To troubleshoot this issue where your iPhone gives you the message "No SIM Card installed" please follow the steps below.

1. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  2. Turn airplane mode on and then off again.
  3. Restart your iPhone.
  4. Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. Install any available update.
  5. Remove the SIM card and make sure that it's a valid SIM that your carrier provided. Also make sure that it's not damaged, worn, or modified. Then reinsert it.
    A SIM tray that comes with one iPhone model won't necessarily work with a different iPhone model. When you insert the correct SIM tray, the SIM tray should be flush with the device.
  6. If you have another SIM card, insert it. You can use a SIM card from any phone with the same format as your iPhone SIM card. If your iPhone works with that SIM card, contact the carrier that issued your original SIM card.
  7. Restore the iPhone.

If you still see the issue, contact Apple support.

If you see 'No SIM' alert on iPhone

Cheers,

Alex H.

Oct 18, 2014 2:10 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks a lot Alex!, before I got your reply I had already gone to APPLE and a gentleman just as nice as you helped me over there and then and all he did was take out the SIM card and put it back in, and WALA! the phone was back working... sometimes going the extra mile help us the illiterates and that guy did just that as well as you of course, and I thank you so much for your help! Once again THANKS man!

Hi, my new Iphone 6 started to show an alert that reads: "No SIM card installed" any ideas on how to fix this, now I can't use my phone and is only 1 week old... HELP SOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.