Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto and iMovies not working in Yosemite

I've just installed Yosemite and now I can't open iPhoto or iMovies.

They are the most up to date versions but just won't open.

No error message displays !!
Help !!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 5:14 PM

46 replies

Oct 17, 2014 12:13 PM in response to huntfromtexas

Similar issue. I upgraded to Yosemite and tried to upgrade to the latest version of iPhoto. The update list says it has been upgraded, but when I try to open it, it says I have to upgrade! I re-installed the upgrade, clicked where it said "Open" and nothing happens.Now what? I'm not getting any error message, jsut no response to my attempts to open the application.

Oct 17, 2014 1:42 PM in response to MLHauser

The update list says it has been upgraded, but when I try to open it, it says I have to upgrade! I

What does the message say needs upgrading? The iPhoto application or the iPhoto Library? It is normal to see the message, that the iPhoto Library needs upgrading. Just be surety make a backup copy of the liPhoto ibrary, before you allow the upgrade.

Oct 17, 2014 1:58 PM in response to Old Toad

I'm running 10.7.5 because the Yosemite update caused an issue forcing me to do an internet recovery which was 10.7.5. I'm unable to update to Yosemite because it says I need to sign into my Apple account (which it is already logged into). I'm logged in and it doesn't reconize that I'm logged in. Now I'm stuck with 10.7.5 (Lion I believe) and no iPhoto, iMovie, etc.

iPhoto and iMovies not working in Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.