Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3.6 update for Yosemite is out!

Check the software update!

Also iPhoto 9.6.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 2.4 GHz i7, 16GB, 500GB SSD,1TB HD

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 9:46 AM

I am still running OS 10.9.5 and Software Update doesn't display any options for Aperture 3.6 nor iPhoto 9.6. I guess I would need to upgrade to Yosemite first.

Will my Aperture (3.5.1) and iPhoto (9.5.1) upgrades for Yosemite be free, do you know please?

16 replies

Oct 17, 2014 9:55 AM in response to Red Robin

The newest versions are for compatibility with Yosemite and require MacOS X 10.10 or later.

Will my Aperture (3.5.1) and iPhoto (9.5.1) upgrades for Yosemite be free, do you know please?

The update from Aperture (3.5.1) and iPhoto (9.5.1) to Aperture 3.6 and iPhoto 9.6. have been free for me, as well as the upgrade to Yosemite from Mavericks.

Oct 17, 2014 10:15 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Léonie, what happened to that lioness that use to greet us when we looked at your posts? Going anonymous?

The lioness has turned into the Cheshire Cat - sometimes it there, sometimes in hiding. Either it is JIVE's newest trick, or the lioness did not like the purple background I added yesterday as a tribute to Spirit Day:

Today is Spirit Day

Yesterday I looked like this - sometimes: User uploaded file

It is a new task for the trusty engineers to figure that out!

Your avatar seems to be more robust.

Mar 31, 2015 9:11 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Frank's images usually show for me (and, recently, always, iirc).

Léonie's images have not been showing when posted since ... a week or more? But some of them do eventually show up.

Just what I'm seeing. IME, the communities are significantly less functional than they were before the latest update to the community software. (Laughed at Frank's comment saying pretty much the same last week.)

—Kirby.

Oct 17, 2014 11:18 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Your Dropbox photos are showing fine, thanks!

It is funny that you are seeing tow different avatars at the same time. The top screenshot with "Replying to" is still showing yesterday's Spirit Day avatar, and the screenshot below from the activity stream (?) is showing the current avatar.

For me, this looks like JIVE could not sync changes to the profiles consistently to all servers and update them quickly.

Oct 18, 2014 5:58 AM in response to léonie

First observations with Aperture 3.6 on Yosemite:

• There is a lot of initial background processing going on each launch: face detection, preview creation, syncing with iCloud.
  • I don't see any changes to the graphical user interface.
  • My Canon EOS 5D Mk II raw files and the Lumix FZ28 DNG files are looking very different now. The colors are more vibrant and the images are brighter; I'd even say overexposed.

The changed RAW processing is surprising, since the release notes do not mention it: Aperture 3.6 Release notes

Aperture 3.6 Update

• Adds compatibility with OS X Yosemite.
  • Fixes an issue that could cause Aperture performance to slow down while browsing through images with onscreen proofing enabled.
  • Fixes an issue where Aperture could become unresponsive in rare cases when adding to a shared photo stream.
  • Fixes an issue that could cause Aperture to unexpectedly quit when using the Write IPTC Metadata to Originals feature.
  • Aperture no longer displays the alert, “This library has been opened with a newer version of Aperture.” when using Library First Aid with libraries previously opened in iPhoto.

Oct 21, 2014 5:46 PM in response to Red Robin

Am currently running Aperture 5.3.1 on OS 10.9.5. I went down to the Apple store with my external drive and a copy of my library. All the computers had just been upgraded to Yosemite. when my library opened, the computer automatically upgraded my library to a 3.6 version. I thought I would upchuck my lunch. when I got home I connected the drive and prayed that the library would load under my older version. It did! So the update 3.6 does not interfere with the prior version but provides an opportunity for Yosemite users to use Aperture.

Incidentally, the info under "system requirements" for Yosemite mistakenly states that it will work on any OS 10.9 or higher. That is incorrect because you cannot install it. See below.

User uploaded file

Aperture 3.6 update for Yosemite is out!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.