Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connectivity/Data issues after IOS 8.0.2 update on 5s! Not good

After IOS 8.0.2 update I've now got connectivity issues outside wifi on 5s. Last 2 days since even though I've got a 4G connection I can't get data to my phone (says not connected to internet/connectivity issues)? I need data on the move - help

iPhone 5s, iOS 8, IOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 6:42 PM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2014 9:14 AM in response to GinjaNinja77

Hello GinjaNinja77,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

To troubleshoot this issue where you are unable to load pages, and seem to not have a connection over the cellular network, please follow the steps below.

Follow these steps for help with cellular data issues on your iPhone. After performing each step, test to see if your iPhone still has the issue.

1. Toggle airplane mode: Tap Settings, turn airplane mode on, wait three seconds, and then turn off again.
  2. Restart your iPhone.
  3. Make sure that your software is up to date:
  4. Remove the SIM Card and reinsert it. Allow the iPhone to acquire the network again.
  5. If your SIM card has SIM PIN enabled, try turning it off: Tap Settings > Phone > SIM PIN.
  6. Try another location. If a different location works, but the original location still doesn't, contact your carrier to report the issue.
  7. Reset network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    Resetting network settings on your device will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.
  8. Restore the iPhone as new.
  9. Contact your carrier to:
    • Verify that the iPhone is properly set up on the account with the appropriate, current data plan.
    • Verify that there are no account-related blocks.
    • Find out if there are specific error messages in the carrier logs that could help determine why the issue is occurring.

If none of the above steps resolves the issue, contact your carrier, make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store, or contact AppleCare.

iPhone cellular data connection issues

Take care,

Alex H.

Connectivity/Data issues after IOS 8.0.2 update on 5s! Not good

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.