Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain does not sync

Hello, does anyone have a problem with keychain syncing? It just doesn't want to populate with passwords I've got on my iPad and iPhone...

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 6:40 PM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2014 9:11 AM in response to IcyTexx

Hi IcyTexx,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

To troubleshoot this issue where your iCloud Keychain isn't syncing, please follow the steps below.

iCloud Keychain isn't syncing with other devices.

Make sure that your device is on a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If the connection appears strong, try these steps:

1. Turn off iCloud Keychain on all devices.
  2. Turn on iCloud Keychain on the device that has the most up-to-date keychain items.
  3. Turn on iCloud Keychain on your other devices. They will be updated with your new iCloud Keychain.

How do I view the passwords stored in my iCloud Keychain?

iOS 7.1.1 or later:

1. Go to Settings > Safari > Passwords & Autofill > Saved Passwords.
  2. Tap the website whose password you want to view.
  3. Enter your device passcode.

OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later:

1. Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Passwords.
  2. Select the website whose password you want to view.
  3. Select the Show passwords for selected websites.
  4. Enter your system password.

Safari isn't asking to save account names and passwords, even though iCloud Keychain is on.

iOS 7.1.1 or later:

1. Go to Settings > Safari > Passwords & AutoFill.
  2. Turn on Names and Passwords.
  3. Go to your Home screen and open Safari. If Safari is black or dark instead of white or gray, Private Browsing is on. Safari doesn't save account names and passwords when Private Browsing is on. To turn off Private Browsing:
    • On iPad, tap the the plus icon in the upper-right corner of the Safari page, then tap Private in the lower-left corner.
    • On iPhone and iPod touch, tap User uploaded file in the lower-right corner of the Safari page, then tap Private in the lower-left corner.

Get help using iCloud Keychain

Take care,

Alex H.

Keychain does not sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.