Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification Sidebar Widgets in Yosemite Not There

Maybe I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'd like to add calculator, weather, and stocks to my sidebar notification center. Using the new Yosemite OS. iMac is Mid-2011. I know how to add them, but I don't even see them to click the green plus sign. Please see pic. Apparently all I can add is 'social.' Am I not seeing something? Thanks.

User uploaded file

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 8:46 PM

22 replies

Oct 17, 2014 1:27 PM in response to Hucky2600

This worked for me, finding this solution in another forum. The Social widget is still null, but at least the other pre-installed widgets now show up.

Mac HD>System>Library>Frameworks>NotificationCenter.framework>PlugIns> Then choose your widgets that are listed. I just opened them there (they open in a separate window) and hit the green button and they are now in my notification sidebar.

Cool beans, but hopefully this bug is fixed my apple as well.

Oct 18, 2014 8:20 AM in response to jportnoy

I've posted this in other threads andcas it mentions the 'Social' issue, I'll mention it here too 🙂

I went to :

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ShareKit.framework/Versions/A/PlugIns/

Clicked on each plugin in turn, opening with the Widget Simulator ignoring the error message and they were all appearing in the menus, both in the System Preferences > Extensions and the Safari Share Menu. I've restarted and they are all still there and yes, I tried the Facebook one and it worke

Oct 18, 2014 11:04 AM in response to Hucky2600

The above solutions for the Weather, World Clock, Stocks & Calculator are correct.

The above solution for the ShareKit.framework (Social Widget) is also correct.

To get the Calendar widget back online Goto to your Applications folder & right click on Calendar > select " Show Package Contents "

then goto > Contents>Plugins>com.apple.iCal.CalendarNC.appex

⚠Note!! the Widget Simulator must be running for this to work!! You can find the Widget Simulator in:

Mac HD>System>Library>Frameworks>NotificationCenter.framework>Resources

⚠⚠Please make sure You have a full BACKUP before any changes are made!!

Oct 18, 2014 8:29 PM in response to Bobo1997

Posted earlier....

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileLevel 1(10 points)

GubbzOct 18, 2014 8:20 AM Re: Notification Sidebar Widgets in Yosemite Not ThereI've posted this in other threads andcas it mentions the 'Social' issue, I'll mention it here too

I went to :

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ShareKit.framework/Versions/A/PlugIns/

Clicked on each plugin in turn, opening with the Widget Simulator ignoring the error message and they were all appearing in the menus, both in the System Preferences > Extensions and the Safari Share Menu. I've restarted and they are all still there and yes, I tried the Facebook one and it worke

Notification Sidebar Widgets in Yosemite Not There

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.