Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X Won't Update

I have a Macbook Air mid 2013 with 4 Gigabytes of RAM, a processor speed of 1.3 GHz, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB, and 250 Gigabytes of storage. My OS X is Yosemite 10.10. My Final Cut Pro X isn't updating. It is still 10.0.3 and won't give me new updates. I need the update because the application won't work on the new Yosemite update. How would I go about fixing this?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 11:05 PM

23 replies

Mar 20, 2017 12:20 PM in response to kiwibaitnz

I was having a similar problem. I have a Mid-2015 15 inch Retina MacBook Pro, and I was running Yosemite. I wanted to update to FCPX 10.3.2, but when I clicked update it would grey out and I would get a status symbol that would just spin in perpetuity. I tried updating to Sierra 10.12.3, but same issue. It wouldn't update from the purchases section in App Store. Searching Final Cut Pro, and then clicking the Update button from the results page did nothing. Clicking update from the FCPX app store page did nothing. Finally, in About My Mac, clicking Software Update from the Overview tab led me to a page that showed all available updates. Clicking update on FCPX finally worked from this screen. Hope this helps someone.

-red

Oct 20, 2014 12:39 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I Got the new download. My program now has an x thought it. When I did the last "new" update it didn't allow me to export videos or movies anymore. With this yosemote update i can't even open the program or upgrade in apps. I have a video potentially lost and no idea about purchase info. A friend put it on my computer. Is there a way of getting a newer final cut with out losing videos/ movies ?

Oct 20, 2014 3:33 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom, I'm having similar issue. I have bought FCP 10.0 and have it on an old mac book pro. when i try and upgrade a pop up tells me that my video card is not compatible with the update, so it won't let me update.

I have just bought a mac mini, when i go to the app store to download FCP, it gives me the price. To download i need to buy it again. I have download motion 5 and a few other , already purchased on the mac book pro, bits and pieces no problems.

I have copied FCP to a hard drive and copied it across to the mac mini, but a cross goes across the icon; when i double click on it a pop up telling me that i need to update the version before i can install comes up. this takes me back to the above problem, my video card on the macbook is not compatible with the update.

Please help.

Thank you

Final Cut Pro X Won't Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.