Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Issues in Yosemite

Since upgrading my 2013 Macbook Air to Yosemite I am unable to maintain a stable wifi connection to my Cisco based WPA2 Enterprise (PEAP) wireless network. Seems to be load related as the wifi seems fine until I try and push any traffic through it at which point it disconnects.

I have tried removing and re-adding adaptor through network preferences as well as a PRAM reset.

Anybody having a similar issue with wifi or perhaps any ideas for a workaround? I suspect i'll most likely be waiting for apple to release an update to resolve. Thank god i have an ethernet adaptor.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Macbook Air 2013

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 11:29 PM

28 replies

Oct 16, 2014 11:33 PM in response to EastyInc

Hi ..

MIght be corrupted network preferences due to the OS X upgrade.

Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Click Go then move all the files in the SystemConfiguration folder to the Trash.

Restart your Mac.

See if that makes a difference.

Your Mac will generate a new SystemConfiguration folder for you.

If that doesn’t help, try here > Wi-Fi: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity

Oct 18, 2014 3:33 PM in response to fabio56

I'm having very similar issues. My wifi is disconnecting at random points during the day. I have an Apple Airport Extreme and all my other devices are working, including my Mavericks computers. The only thing I see odd is I'm getting hundreds of errors in the Console like this:

18.10.14 5:30:59.000 PM kernel[0]: ARPT: 3126.692803: wl0: 802.11 driver reinitializing, total count of reinit's[161], @'wlc_dpc':466

Sometimes they are seconds apart, some times minutes. Sometimes this is after them:

18.10.14 5:31:11.000 PM kernel[0]: ARPT: 3138.927027: wl0: 802.11 driver DPC, reinit reason[5], count[77]

eventually when it drops the connection it has this one:

18.10.14 4:31:37.000 PM kernel[0]: AirPort: Link Down on en1. Reason 8 (Disassociated because station leaving).

Does this help anyone troubleshoot it?

Oct 18, 2014 5:26 PM in response to foxbox7

I did all the things on the computer recommended, and eventually I went to the wifi router and reset that. Nothing changed- still disconnected. Finally I checked the other nearby wifi with netspot wireless application and saw many local access pointed used the same band. Not it have been working fine for months just as it was, but I changed it to one used with little power and it hasn't discounted again. I assume Apple has made a buggy wifi driver that just loses connections easily.

Oct 20, 2014 4:58 AM in response to EastyInc

I experience the same issue with Network instability, but only on a WPA/WPA2 Enterprise connection, when at work. I deleted the system configuration files as suggested in some if the posts and rebooted my system, to no avail. I don't experience these issues with the WAP2 personal on my home network (both 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ work perfectly). The issue seems to be limited to the WPA/WPA2 Enterprise Network.

I have a MBP 15" Retina Late 2014, and just upgraded from Maverick to Yosemite.

Oct 20, 2014 6:04 AM in response to Yvantoo

My 6 month old 21.5" iMac is doing exactly the same. Every now and then it drops the internet connection and won't automatically pick it up again - i have to turn wifi off then on again.

I'm using a D-Link DIR 655 router.

Tried the online support but kept getting cut off so they gave me a US help line number to cal... i told them i live in Thailand...

... and i can't even watch my ApplTV as home sharing gets cut off when the the network connection drops

Very frustrating... i keep waiting for a fix... if i can stay connected long enough to download it

Apple please help us !!!

Wifi Issues in Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.