Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my app id on my phone keeps coming up as my wifes even though its set correctly in settings. How do I solve

I recently purchased a new iphone. I synched the phone to my computer to capture info off my old phone. Now when i try and download new apps it asks for my wife's apple ID. How do I change to my apple ID?

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 11:45 PM

2 replies

Oct 18, 2014 1:41 PM in response to cksevern

Sounds like all of the Apps installed on your device were downloaded or purchased using your wife's Apple ID. The iPhone allows for you to use different Apple IDs for different services. You can follow the instructions posted by Jeffd55 to log out of your Apple ID in Settings > iTunes & App Store. Then sign in again using your wife's Apple ID. This will allow you to continue using those apps without purchasing your own again.

my app id on my phone keeps coming up as my wifes even though its set correctly in settings. How do I solve

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.