Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud key chain verification text not received

Reinstalled my iMac with OS X 10.10. Trying to setup iCloud keychain for the first time. After enabling iCloud, it says it will send verification code to ***-***-**XX and XX is the last two digits of my cell. However I never receive and SMS message. My provider is T-Mobile. I logged into applied.apple.com and confirmed my cell phone is correct.

Is there any way to verify the iCloud account besides using an SMS message? I am receiving other texts without issue. Reception is good.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 1:22 AM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2014 2:30 PM in response to wence

Hi wence,

For help setting up iCloud Keychain, please see this article, the first section.

Get help using iCloud Keychain

I'm not receiving the verification code via SMS.

1. Make sure that you have astrong cellular network connection on your phone.
  2. Make sure that your phone number can receive SMS messages. You can do this by asking someone to send you a text message.
  3. Make sure that the correct phone number is associated with your account:
    • In iOS 8, tap Settings > iCloud > Keychain > Advanced. In iOS 7, tap Settings > iCloud > Account > Keychain. Make sure the phone number under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
    • In OS X Mavericks v10.9, choose Apple () > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Make sure the phone number under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.

If you can't access a device that has iCloud Keychain enabled,contact Apple Support and verify your identity to get help completing iCloud Keychain setup.

Take care,
Nubz

iCloud key chain verification text not received

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.