Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message font too small in Yosemite

In (iMessage) Messages, I can no longer make the font any more larger, or change the font style. Did Yosemite do away with this option, or am i missing something?

iMac 27in mid-2010 Yosemite

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 12:32 AM

38 replies

Oct 17, 2014 1:45 AM in response to SkyLilly

Unfortunately I can see any other app specific changes in this version. to increase the text further.

If the text is still not large enough, I would estimate that most if not all text system wide is too small, so I would consider looking at the zoom features in System Preferences > Accessibility or changing the display resolution in System Preferences > Displays.

Oct 18, 2014 10:15 PM in response to SkyLilly

Used to be able to select balloon colour and font as well, not clear as to path for doing so, or if it's been removed with the new OS.

I am hoping they will make a bit more customization available, some fonts are just easier on the eyes.

Using a separate font for myself than for my contact was also nice.

I have been a beta tester for Yosemite and still have access to the feedback assistant for the beta.

I have sent a feedback regarding customization of these issues through to Apple this evening.

I suggest that other users also send feedback to Apple.

Oct 19, 2014 9:31 PM in response to DonGoldberg

The default is to just have the font size slider. If you go into System Preferences, Accessibility, though, and turn on 'Reduce transparency' the preferences in Messages change to allow you to pick a particular font. (Close Messages before making the change in System Preferences.)

Yes, the actual Preferences dialogue in Messages changes depending on what your transparency setting is.

Message font too small in Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.