Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck in OS X 10.90 (14A299l)

I have experienced weird things since I tried Beta this July

1. the OS number shows 10.90

2. Never got a system update since I installed it. The build is 14A299l, I think it might be beta 4? Now the latest version should be beta 6.

3. Today it won't let me to download the public release

"A newer version of OS X is already installed on this computer. Are you sure you want to download OS X 10.10?". And there is no "continue" button

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 2:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 12:38 AM

Maybe it's to late but I might help anybody other.

Go to "System" -> "Library" -> "Core Services" and open "SystemVersion.plist" (with TextEdit). I once changed the value of the Product Version to "10.9" to make my matlab run. So I forget to change that value back. Just type "10.10" and everything should be fine.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2015 12:38 AM in response to cgao

Maybe it's to late but I might help anybody other.

Go to "System" -> "Library" -> "Core Services" and open "SystemVersion.plist" (with TextEdit). I once changed the value of the Product Version to "10.9" to make my matlab run. So I forget to change that value back. Just type "10.10" and everything should be fine.

Mar 4, 2015 5:15 AM in response to cgao

If you have another Mac available to you, download the Yosemite Installer onto that, then follow these instructions to make a bootable Yosemite Installer flash drive: Create a bootable installer for OS X Mavericks or Yosemite - Apple Support and then boot from it by following these instructions:

• Backup your computer using Time Machine: Mac Basics: Time Machine backs up your Mac - Apple Support
  • Turn up your computer's volume so that you can hear it well.
  • Reboot your computer, and when you hear the "Ding", press and hold the Option key
  • Once the Startup Manager appears, plug in the flash drive you used for the bootable installer.
  • Once the drive titled "Install OS X Yosemite" appears, navigate to it using the arrow keys and boot up from it with Enter/Return.
  • Once it boots up, choose "Install OS X Yosemite".
  • Follow the onscreen steps.

Hope this helps! Reply if you have any questions or need more help!

Stuck in OS X 10.90 (14A299l)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.