Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes not synced new iPhone 6 plus

Good morning all! Or evening.

Hey I just set up my new iPhone 6 plus last night. Signed in with my Apple ID, which I use for pretty much everything. All seems well accept my "Notes" won't sync to my new phone. Has been working flawlessly between my iOS 7 iPhone 5 and my MackBook Pro running Yosemite Beta, and previous Maverick before that.

I've toggle the notes sync on/off setting just to see if it were hung up but to no avail. Anyone experience this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

~G

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 4:24 AM

11 replies

Oct 19, 2014 12:23 PM in response to George Cassello

I thought I was the only one 🙂

Make sure the proper default account associated with your notes is checked off. For me, I had been syncing my old iPhone with iCloud (and don't even remember choosing a default account). Now I get the "not enough storage" message, so have been syncing through iTunes. When I went looking, I found that the iCloud account had been used as the default account for my notes (and subsequently was used to sync the notes) - I changed it on my laptop (by going to Notes, Accounts, Add Accounts and back to Default Account) to my primary email address, synced again through iTunes and notes are now syncing properly.

Hope this helps.

Oct 20, 2014 6:13 PM in response to welki

Hey there welki,

My laptop and iPhone are both logged into my iCloud account using the same primary email. Everything else is synced fine across devices except for the notes app on my phone. I've also checked iCloud.com and my notes will sync between the web iCloud and my laptop. Again, just my phone that won't. And like I said, I'm all logged into the same account. Also, if I create a note on my phone, it doesn't sync to my computer or iCloud.com. Driving me nuts. No clue what to do at this point. I used notes so often too. :/

Nov 19, 2014 8:25 PM in response to George Cassello

I bought my new iPhone 6 yesterday and have exactly the same issue. One Apple ID account, everything turned on to sync , all notes appearing everywhere else (iMac, iPad, old iPhone, iCloud) but those notes not going to my new phone. Notes created on the new phone not going anywhere else in spite of the default account being iCloud at the same Apple ID. Very frustrating as I have a lot of "stuff" in notes.

Dec 16, 2014 8:54 PM in response to George Cassello

When I updated to the most current version of iOS this morning, the phone did a hard reset (I believe its called). My notes are now syncing across all my Apple devices, just as you suggested they might, except my wife's iPhone. We expect her phone to be different now as, with Family Sharing, she has created and has started using her own Apple ID.

:-)

Notes not synced new iPhone 6 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.