Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Drain Issue

Hello, I just downloaded the OS X Yosemite and I am having terrible battery drain issues! Even when I have no applications running, my macbook pro 13' keeps heating up really fast! (I think you can imagine the major problem when I am using a browser...) I am really thinking about going back to Mavericks.

Is there anything that I can do about it or only wait for an update which could solve the battery issue??

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 7:12 AM

6 replies

Oct 20, 2014 6:04 AM in response to GCB0719

Also having this issue on a MBA after upgrading to Yosemite. The battery area (towards the top third of the keyboard) is constantly warm, even hot and draining 25% of the battery per hour. I have gone down from 12 hours to four in one single upgrade.

The apps using 'significant energy' are Chrome and Mail but I have changed nothing other than the OS.

So what's occurring Apple?

Nov 2, 2014 6:37 AM in response to jason269

I Upgraded my MacBook Air to Yosemite 3 weeks before and still my Battery Drain Issues continues.

I tried all the options including SMC & PRAM but nothing worked.

Activity Monitor keep pointing Safari take huge CPU.

Then i find one trip that worked enough to get back some amount of Battery.

It is Sign out from iCloud

Navigation : > System Preferences > iCloud - Sign out if signed in already.

Still I am researching to gain back my Battery power 100%

Battery Drain Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.