Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem of handoff between iMac 2013 and iPhone 6 Plus

I have three devices: iMac 2013, Macbook Air 2012, iPhone 6 Plus.

All the Mac has been upgraded to Mac OS X Yosemite from AppStore.

And iPhone 6 Plus is on iOS 8.1 beta 2.

Now I have a problem, I can use handoff feature from MacBook Air <-> iMac, or MacBook Air <-> iPhone 6 Plus.

However I can't handoff between iPhone 6 Plus and iMac.

Did someone has the problem?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 6:07 AM

7 replies

Oct 18, 2014 11:15 AM in response to Mowd Chen

I had the same problem. After trying everything I discovered it had something to do with the fact I was using the same ID that my old 5S was using, and for some reason this was creating the problem. Even after I totally wiped my old phone and deactivated it, it still was showing under my old ID. I ended up creating a new ID just to use with iCloud, and this solved the problem.

Oct 28, 2014 1:36 PM in response to Mowd Chen

It seams that the new handoff feature is having issues working with more than a couple of macs on the same network utilizing the same account. I was troubleshooting with Apple chat support why handoff wasn't working properly on my iMac 27" 2013, I was able to make and receive calls from the iPhone 6 Plus and was able to handoff from the iMac to the iPhone, but not the other way around, (in other words, the handoff icon on the left of the dock wasn't showing up, it also happened with my iPad Air). However, handoff was working properly on my other three macs, (four macs in total 3 MBP 1 iMac). The solution I found to correct the handoff issue was to logout from one or two of my other macs in order for the iMac handoff to work, (which is somewhat inconvenient since I have to log out and wait to login on to my other macs.

Oct 30, 2014 9:10 PM in response to Mowd Chen

I have had no luck with with 100% handoff/continuity compliance between my Apple devices. Since iOS 8.1 upgrade, bluetooth is no longer able to pair between my Apple Devices (rMBP 2014, iPhone 6 and iPad 2) but the devices will pair with non-Apple bluetooth devices. I was told from online customer service and in-store Genius that Apple devices no longer need (or will) to pair between each other -- why not program them to not recognize (very confusing). Also, handoff/continuity worked fine between my iPad 2 and iPhone 6 (and vice versa), iPad 2 and rMBP 2014 (and vice versa), and rMBP 2014 to iPhone 6 -- but it will not work from iPhone 6 to rMBP 2014. I tried all the suggestions I could find online and those recommended by Apple support, all to no avail. When I upgrade my iPad 2 to the iPad Air 2 (with iOS 8.1), I was able to connect the device to my rMBP 2014 via bluetooth and it remained connected. I was also able to do perform handoffs/continuity to and from the iPad Air 2 between my other Apple devices (iPhone 6 and rMBP 2014), but I am still unable to connect the iPhone 6 via bluetooth to the rMBP 2014 and handoff from the iPhone 6 to rMBP 2014 is still not working (the iPhone 6 will handoff to the iPad Air 2). Also, I can receive and make phone calls on the iPhone 6 from all my Apple devices (iPad Air 2 and rMBP 2014).

It is only the iPhone 6 handoff of Safari, Mail and Text to the rMBP 2014 that is giving me issues.

Problem of handoff between iMac 2013 and iPhone 6 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.