Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Versions of pages

I have Pages 09 & pages 5.2 on my Mac. I use both versions

If I install Yosemite, will I be able to have Pages 5.5 on my computer as well, and use all three if I need to?

Thanks

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 6:33 AM

6 replies

Oct 19, 2014 9:34 AM in response to Tallberg

Hello, Tallberg.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

So here is some information that will answer your question.

iWork (2013) system requirements

• Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks and later
  • Installation does not overwrite iWork ’09
  • iWork for Mac (Keynote 6.0, Pages 5.0, and Numbers 3.0) and iWork for iCloud Beta 2 required for iCloud document compatibility

iWork: System Requirements

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP676

Cheers,

Jason H.

Oct 19, 2014 10:24 AM in response to Tallberg

Here is the current state of affairs for Pages.

Note, that Pages v5.5 is now a requirement for Yosemite, and its document format is not backwards compatible to Pages v5.2.2 on Mavericks. There is no Pages v5.5 update for Mavericks - it has been abandoned for Yosemite.

• Yosemite
    • Pages ’09 v4.3
    • Pages '08 v3.0.3
    • Pages v5.5
  • Mavericks
    • Pages ’09 v4.3
    • Pages '08 v3.0.3
    • Pages v5.2.2
  • Mountain Lion
    • Pages ’09 v4.3
    • Pages '08 v3.0.3

Dec 11, 2014 5:40 AM in response to VikingOSX

What kind of brainiac makes an text edit app not backward compatible with earlier vers, not even readable?

"Oh, you havent installed Yosemite yet cause the lack of compatible plugins? sorry, then you have to find another provider..."

I hope it was only a revenge from a former Apple employee, and not a "hey, i know a real cool feature, lets mess up everything for our customers..."

Versions of pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.