Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scam email Your Apple ID was just used to download

Has anyone received the following email / Scam?

I didn't buy this.

Please advise. Thanks.

Rob

Your Apple ID was just used to download All-In-1 3D Emoticons Professional 5$ from the App Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID.

If you initiated this download, you can disregard this email. It was only sent to alert you in case you did not initiate the download yourself.

If you did not initiate this download, we recommend that you go toiforgot.apple.com to change your password, then see Apple ID: Tips for protecting the security of your account for further assistance.

Regards,
Apple

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 8:47 AM

12 replies

Nov 21, 2014 4:30 AM in response to Dah•veed

I think just got scammed also with the following email from apple. I clicked the link and it sent to the i-forgot apple screen which looks authentic enough. They even had my old credit card details on the page and said I need to update them. As I had not used the account for a long time to purchase it seemed authentic enough, but when I put in the new details i got a message a minute later on my phone that a transaction from apple (ITUNES:COM/BILL) had been successful for the value of 1.98 form Luxumberg. Strange as I had not downloaded any paid app that time, just a free one from the app store. After checking the apps purchases nothing new showed up so I had no ideas what was going on.

Strangely enough, the Apple id password I changed also was changed on the official apple ID site and on all my devices so I am really not sure if it was a scam or just a f%&* up by apple. I cancelled my card just in case.

I even checked the web pages linked on the message and the authentic one and they seemed to be the same initial address.

Dear ,

Your Apple ID, (correct id inserted), was just used to download Podcasts from the App Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID.

If you initiated this download, you can disregard this email. It was only sent to alert you in case you did not initiate the download yourself.

If you did not initiate this download, we recommend that you go to iforgot.apple.com to change your password, then see Apple ID: Security and your Apple ID for further assistance.

Regards,

Apple

scam email Your Apple ID was just used to download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.