Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts won't download (IOS 8/Iphone 5c).

In the podcast app, the subscription is working (it adds new podcasts to my Stations), but when it tries to download it hangs on waiting.

I can stream the episode over wifi, but it will not download. In fact, if I start streaming, it will load the whole episode, but it still doesn't recoginize it as downloaded (so if I stop listening, I need to restream again)

All other apps, wifi connections, etc, seem to be ok.

Any ideas?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 8:38 AM

6 replies

Oct 20, 2014 1:04 PM in response to Brett L

Brett -

Thanks. Went through this and found no issues with my connection. In fact, wifi and downloads are working just fine in other applications. I can update apps via the App Store, and visit websites, etc.

In fact within the Podcast app, it recognizes new episodes are available. And I can stream over wifi (cellular is off for podcasts to save data costs). But the download doesn't work. And even though when streaming the whole episode is buffer/downloaded, the app is not recognizing this, and still marks it as not downloaded.

Brian

Podcasts won't download (IOS 8/Iphone 5c).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.