Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server: CFNetwork SSLHandshake failed (-9806)

I've just updated my Mini server to Yosemite and update Server to version 4, however I now don't seem to be able to connect to it remotely via the Server app. Initially the websites service wouldn't start, because Apache was complaining that my private key could not be decrypted without a passphrase (although there isn't one!), but I managed to solve that by reimporting the RapidSSL SHA-2 CA certs (including the intermediate cert with SHA-1 root).

Unfortunately reimporting the CA certs does not seem to have affected my ability to connect to the server remotely. The server doesn't seem to be complaining in its logs any more, but client side I am seeing this:

17/10/2014 16:11:18.930 Server[53395]: CFNetwork SSLHandshake failed (-9806)

It appears every few seconds in my log while I am trying to connect.

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance!

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 7:51 AM

Hi, you can delete the identity cert & cert preference:

sudo security set-identity-preference -n -s com.apple.servermgrd /Library/Keychains/System.keychain

sudo security delete-certificate -c com.apple.servermgrd /Library/Keychains/System.keychain

After a Macos restart servermgrd should created a new (ssl signed) certificate.

I have to do this since server version 4 after every upgrade :-(

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2014 7:51 AM in response to clifffff

Hi, you can delete the identity cert & cert preference:

sudo security set-identity-preference -n -s com.apple.servermgrd /Library/Keychains/System.keychain

sudo security delete-certificate -c com.apple.servermgrd /Library/Keychains/System.keychain

After a Macos restart servermgrd should created a new (ssl signed) certificate.

I have to do this since server version 4 after every upgrade :-(

Server: CFNetwork SSLHandshake failed (-9806)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.