Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi wont turn ON after Yosemite update

After hours of trying to update from Mavericks, i finally got into OS X Yosemite; but i cant turn the Wifi ON.

How can i solve this issue?

Anyone having the same problem?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 9:31 AM

7 replies

Apr 2, 2015 8:26 AM in response to redondofuentes

redondofuentes wrote:

Thanks for the try Eric... but none of these work. My wifi is stuck in the off position. When I click the "turn wifi on" buttoning my network setting or from the network menu bar... nothing happens.

None of these articles address this issue.

I tried the disabling of AirDrop in Terminal too and my system said it could not find the filE

This is the only thing that worked for me.

1. Go to System Preferences and open 'Network' - or click your wifi triangle along the top tool bar and select 'open network preferences'.

2. Click your wifi on the left hand side from the list, and then click the small cog at the bottom of that box, and click 'Make Service Inactive'.

3. Once you've done that, click the minus to delete your wifi as an option from this box.

4. APPLY!!

All other instructions I read said to click the plus and add your wifi again and then restart. Well that did nothing for me, infact it did nothing about 7 or 8 times, soooooo...

5. Restart your computer now, without any wifi configuration setup.

6. Once restarted, go back into system preferences, into network, and use the + button to add a wifi connection back into your computer. With any luck, you will be able to click on 'Turn wifi on' and it will actually work!

Wifi wont turn ON after Yosemite update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.