Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to use Bayclays mobile banking on my IPad. When I submit my details I get error 00000 no connection to Internet. BBC websites work without difficulty

I have an IPad2 running IOS8.0.2. I have installed Barclays mobile banking app version 1.7 and 1.10.

when I enter my details and submit them I get error 00000 no connection to Internet

at about the same time BBC websites work without difficulty.

I believe I am not alone with this problem.

Does anyone have a solution?

iPad 2, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 10:39 AM

6 replies

Oct 20, 2014 6:35 AM in response to Boot5784

Hello there Boot5784,

It sounds like you are unable to use either if these versions of this banking app on iOS 8.0.2. I have an article here for you to help either get the issue resolved, or reach out to the developer if needed:

iOS: An app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Restart your device

Turn the device off and on.

Update your device software and your apps

Update your device to the latest version of iOS.

Update your apps:

1. Open the App Store and tap Updates.
  2. If updates are available, tap Update All.
  3. If asked, enter your Apple ID password. The updates will download and install.

You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps.

Reinstall the app

Remove the app from your device and reinstall it. Remember that deleting an app also deletes its data.

1. Delete the app.
    User uploaded file
  2. Press the Home button.
  3. Go to the App Store and download the app again.
  4. Wait for the app to download, then open it from the Home screen.

If the download stops, you can resume it.

Contact the developer

If you see the issue again, contact the developer of the app for help:

1. Find the app in the App Store.
  2. Tap the app and tap Reviews.
  3. Tap App Support.
    User uploaded file

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Oct 21, 2014 1:31 PM in response to Boot5784

Thanks for the update. Another couple of things you can do are, trying on a different network and see if that isolates the issue to your home network or not.

The second thing I would recommend trying is pretty drastic so it is a last resort but it involves backing up your iPhone to iTunes then restoring it as new, with a fresh clean install of the iOS. This will eliminate issues with iOS or your backup file.

iOS: How to back up your data and set up your device as a new device

Oct 22, 2014 7:03 AM in response to sterling r

These are the steps I have taken Today

1 Downloaded new version of I-tunes to my Compac Laptop Running Windows XP

2 Back-up My -Pad to My Laptop

3 Erase my I-Pad

4 Reinstall Factory setting via internet

5 At this point I obtained Barclays mobile banking from the I-Store and set it up sucessfully

6 Restored the I-Pad apps from my Laptop the mobile banking now needed to be set up again and the old fault returned

7 Removed Barclays mobile banking from my Laptop and my I-Pad

8 Repeated steps3,4&6

9 Obtained a fresh version of Barclays Mobile Banking from the I-Store but the attempt to set it up failed as before

Oct 22, 2014 2:19 PM in response to Boot5784

Thanks for the detailed list of troubleshooting. Based on the fact that the issue reappeared when you restored your backed up files it seems to me that you have successfully isolated the issue to the backup itself. I would recommend setting up your phone as a new device, and rather than restoring your apps from a backup, use iTunes to sync the content you wish back to your phone.

I would recommend verifying that the apps work exactly as they are supposed to before syncing your content back over.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

I want to use Bayclays mobile banking on my IPad. When I submit my details I get error 00000 no connection to Internet. BBC websites work without difficulty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.