Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

drivers for HP CP1215 for OS10.10

My HP colour Laserjet was working fine (finally) with Mavericks but now I have installed Yosemite - it is rendered useless again. If I send a document to print - it shows up on the printer queue and then disappears as if it has printed but nothing is getting to the printer at all. Does anyone know yet how to remedy this?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2014 4:49 PM

I had the same problem with a HP Color LaserJet CP1215. I followed the steps here and nothing worked for me. I thought it would never work, and that I will have to buy a new printer. So I kept trying until I got it working just fine (I think those steps you mentioned here were important. Although I'm not an expert)

What I did was really simple:

1. I downloaded the HP Printer Drivers v3.0 from apple's website here: HP Printer Drivers v3.0 for OS X and installed them.
  2. Then I went and added a new printer under System Preferences> Printers & Scanners as shown here:User uploaded file
  3. Now here was the trick. What I did is that I chose another driver from the list, simply because I didn't find the CP1215 driver there. So under "Use" click on "Select Software..." and choose "HP Color LaserJet 2600, 1.6.0" then click on "Add".User uploaded fileVoila! This should solve your problem 🙂
  4. Now my HP Color LaserJet CP1215 printer works fine on my Macbook Pro with OS X Yosemite. User uploaded file

I only have one problem though, and I don't seem to be able to fix it. The problem I'm facing is with color prints. Black/Grey prints are really good and seems to be aligned, but the color prints seems to be misaligned! 😕 I am still trying to find a way to solve this problem.

Please let me know if my solution here solved your problems as well.

29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2014 4:49 PM in response to fosorio

I had the same problem with a HP Color LaserJet CP1215. I followed the steps here and nothing worked for me. I thought it would never work, and that I will have to buy a new printer. So I kept trying until I got it working just fine (I think those steps you mentioned here were important. Although I'm not an expert)

What I did was really simple:

1. I downloaded the HP Printer Drivers v3.0 from apple's website here: HP Printer Drivers v3.0 for OS X and installed them.
  2. Then I went and added a new printer under System Preferences> Printers & Scanners as shown here:User uploaded file
  3. Now here was the trick. What I did is that I chose another driver from the list, simply because I didn't find the CP1215 driver there. So under "Use" click on "Select Software..." and choose "HP Color LaserJet 2600, 1.6.0" then click on "Add".User uploaded fileVoila! This should solve your problem 🙂
  4. Now my HP Color LaserJet CP1215 printer works fine on my Macbook Pro with OS X Yosemite. User uploaded file

I only have one problem though, and I don't seem to be able to fix it. The problem I'm facing is with color prints. Black/Grey prints are really good and seems to be aligned, but the color prints seems to be misaligned! 😕 I am still trying to find a way to solve this problem.

Please let me know if my solution here solved your problems as well.

Nov 27, 2014 12:05 PM in response to Pammv001

i have the same problem with a hp color laserjet cp1215.

it is ok, with Mavericks, but since the upgrade to Yosemite, the printer don't work. I send to print, the print queue, sendo to printer, but no print at all.

i search the internet, for yosemite and cups, and i found a answer that worked for me.

with Yosemite, Apple have upgraded CUPS to 2.0, and CUPS work different. So you need to change one think in configuration.

open terminal, and write the following commands:

sudo sh -c 'echo "Sandboxing Relaxed" >> /etc/cups/cups-files.conf'

you asked for the password for superuser

sudo launchctl stop org.cups.cupsd

after this check in print queue if the printer is ready and not in pause mode.

The printer now should work, if the printer only print in B&W you need to change the configuration in CUPS web interface.

try http://localhost:631/ ; if you receive a error telling the web interface is disabled, type in terminal services the following

cupsctl WebInterface=yes

after this try again http://localhost:631/

after this choose in the web page "Adding Printers and Classes", bellow the CUPS for Administrators title.

in the new page, choose manage printers; after this choose your printer.

in the page of printer choose from the second combobox the option "set default options";

in the option page, change the color mode from monochrome to color, and save hitting the button "set default option", you be asked for a user and password with admin privileges.

After this your print is ok.

Mar 23, 2017 2:05 AM in response to Rami_83

For whose, who use this method:

I've solved the color printing.
It's very simple. By default our printer has some resolution extension technology ImageREt 2400.
It HAVE TO BE DISABLED.

So, just select "600 dpi" and everything will be ok.

Only issue - you have to do this every printing, i can't fine variant to save this setting.

User uploaded file

Sep 17, 2017 2:27 PM in response to Pammv001

Rami,

I have a new MacBook Air with Sierra. I am not used to MAC but am stumbling along. Your fix got me to print but I suspect I have a color issue as I get a yellow triangle alert on the printer icon.

Have you explored other drivers to see if there's one that will allow color and black and white?

This CP1215 is workhorse and I need it!

Thanks for your fix! keep us posted!

Dec 11, 2017 7:37 AM in response to Rami_83

HP Omen Laptop Support Number 1 (877) 227-5694 USA?CANADA Customer Helpline Get HP Omen Technical Support Services Call HP Omen Technical Support Number 1 (877) 227-5694 for prompt and moment help. The arrangement of HP Omen tablets accompanied the motivation behind gaming accessible in advertise with largest amount of setup and offered top notch gaming at your living arrangement. Presently you can run extensive size convoluted diversions with no interference or influenced speed. HP Omen tablets are particularly composed and created for gaming energetic individuals and to get helped for any specialized issues contact HP Omen Technical Support for ease at your work area. We give following help to HP Omen Laptops Issues: HP Omen Laptop Support for OS Issues HP drivers Omen Laptop Optimization Support Gaming Installation issues on HP Omen Gaming Update Issues on HP Omen Game Playing Issues on HP Omen Laptops Slow running of HP Omen Laptops Games not Responding Issues on HP Omen Support for Firewall and Proxy Related Issues Antivirus Installation and Removal Support HP Omen Setup and Configuration Issues Driver Installation or Repair Issues with HP Omen.

Oct 17, 2014 3:24 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi,

The HP Laserjet CP1215 was actually never supported on any Mac OS X and no drivers are available for the operating system:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01973413&tmp_track_link=ot_ faqs/top_issues/en_us/c01973413/loc:1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3422476&task=

May you used a 3rd party driver such as Foo2HP?

If so you may try reinstalling the driver, although I doubt it been adapted or tested with Yosemite:

http://foo2hp.rkkda.com/macosx/cp1215.html

Another option you may try is to install the following package:

HP Printer Drivers v3.0 for OS X

Next add the printer under Printers & Scanners,

Click the Use drop down menu and then click on Select Printer Software.

Locate and select the HP Laserjet CP1025 and add the printer, then check if that may allow printing to the CP1215.

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Oct 18, 2014 7:33 AM in response to ShlomiL

Hello there,

I did originally use the third party software Foo2HP. this allowed me to print in mono but the colour was awful but with Mavericks I fumbled through the install again and it then printied colour perfectly as well. Now with Yosemite nothing came out as described.

I have just installed the HP software but when I try to install printer a(as you have suggested to install CP1025) but there are no printers there to select.

To prevent any issues I deleted my original printer (CP1215) and now can't even get that back as the Mac states that there is no available software and so I can't get it back in the listed printers.

I am not sure how to use the Foo2HP link you have given as it comes up with a list of windows I do not have.

Thanks for your suggestions but do you know any other way I can approach this please

Oct 18, 2014 8:58 AM in response to Pammv001

Is the USB directly connected to your Mac?

First ensure the printer s powered on and ensure the USB is property plugged to the Mac and the back of the printer

I would suggest plugging the USB to a back port of the Mac in case you use the keyboard port which is not powered,

I would also suggest ensuring the USB is not longer than 2-3 meters long and directly connected to your Mac (not through any USB extension, hub, etc.)..

If these doesn't help, it worth trying a different USB cable, the Mac should see the printer regardless the drivers availablility,

Shlomi

Oct 18, 2014 9:34 AM in response to ShlomiL

Sorry I did have the printer switched on but I had to switch it off and on again to see it in the add printer list. I loaded up the suggested printer driver but any print jobs are not picked up by the printer and printed. I even selected others at random but none work unfortunately.

I have also tried to reinstall the Foo2hp but failed in Xcode when it asked something about license agreement!? I do get lost in Xcode a bit though and will have another bash at it when I feel less demoralised.

Thanks for your help so far. Appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone

drivers for HP CP1215 for OS10.10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.