Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to Base Station after using reset button

Hello Everyone!

I have an original Apple Base Station that I got from a friend. I had used the white base stations before and knew that if I hit and held the white button on the back of them it would reset them to factory. The base station worked fine, and I could wirelessly connect to it, but had no password so I wanted to reset it to factory and set it up as a new device. I found a paperclip and put it in the reset hole on the bottom of the Base Station and then held it there. After about a minute I removed it but the same network showed up. I then searched around to see if there was an alternate way to do this. I found that you could reset another airport by holding the reset button, removing the power plug, and then plugging the power plug back in and this would reset that one to factory. It also said that the lights would blink. I did this and held the reset switch, removed power, plugged back in power, and then continued to hold down the reset switch (paperclip). I waited to see if the switch would give the lights would blink but it never did after holding the reset for several minutes. After that when I would try to connect to the existing wireless network that it gave off, I could not connect to it for some strange reason. Before I did the reset switch/power scenario it worked fine but now it did not. I then found the older airport utility and loaded it up on my G5, which picked the wireless network up fine. I changed the name to my desired name for the network. Still I could not connect to it. The lights blink normally so i'm not sure what the issue is. Boots fine, shows the wireless network fine, but nothing has worked. This is my last resort. I don't need to use it desperately, I just find it peculiar that it worked one minute, and then the next I couldn't connect to it at all. I've tried various ethernet cables with it but I still cannot connect to it. Any Ideas?

User uploaded file

(This is the model i'm having issues with)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 11:01 AM

There are no replies.

Cannot connect to Base Station after using reset button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.