Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Radio stopping during playback

Recently, when listening to stations within Radio on my Apple TV, the station will stop playback and the Error Loading Content message will appear. This happens for all stations I have tried, I am able to restart the playback but the message (and playback stoppage) will reoccur within a few minutes. This seems to have started with the most recent software update. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 12:00 PM

4 replies

Oct 20, 2014 8:03 AM in response to A.Wheels

Hey there A.Wheels,

It sounds like you are unable to consistently stream Apple TV Radio since it keeps disconnecting. I would start by restarting the Apple TV with this process:

Apple TV: How to restart your Apple TV

Restart your Apple TV by selecting Settings > General > Restart.

User uploaded file

If the issue then persists, I would next use the following article to troubleshoot the Wi-Fi connection with the afticle, named:

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Oct 21, 2014 3:28 PM in response to sterling r

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion but the problem persists after these steps.

Some additional info since my first post:

1. Internet Radio works with no stoppage through iTunes on my PC.

2. Netflix and other apps stream continuously for hours on Apple TV with no stoppage.

It seems to be a problem specifically with Internet Radio on Apple TV.

Thanks again for any assistance.

Apple TV Radio stopping during playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.