Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover from 'INSTALLER LOG SHARED BUFFER IS FUL' during Yosemite install/upgrade?

My MacBook Pro is currently out of commission as it will only boot into the Yosemite Install process which currently cannot be completed successfully.

I learned (after the fact) of the install issues related to homebrew but from that helpful article I found out about Cmd-L to open the Log Viewer.

I've had two unsuccessful installs now. The first took 5+ hours. Since it was taking so long, I left it running over night with the Log Viewer running. I awoke to a failed install with 'Line 128,493 - INSTALLER LOG SHARED BUFFER IS FUL' as the last output in the log viewer. I figured that maybe it was the actual Log Viewer that was causing the issue, but alas my second attempt failed and I only had the log viewer open briefly part way through the process. Even without the Log Viewer running, it hit the same errror.

Is there a way I can reenable Mavericks to move some files around in preparation for the install? I don't have the hardware to mount the laptop as a target disk - if I brought the machine to the Apple Store would they let me mount my MBP and move stuff around so I could minimize the install process? Anyone else have any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 1:37 PM

There are no replies.

How to recover from 'INSTALLER LOG SHARED BUFFER IS FUL' during Yosemite install/upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.